A couple of mums have requested for the recipes of the snacks that I made for the children who come for my classes. My recipes are baby and toddler-friendly, feel free to share them.
1. Banana pancakes (makes 25 small pancakes)
- 4 medium-ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- Mash the bananas, add sour cream and egg and mix well.
- Add plain flour (1/4 cup each time) till you reach batter-like consistency.
- Add chia seeds and baking soda and let the batter rest for 15 minutes.
- Warm up a pan on medium heat and drop a tablespoon-full of the batter to create each pancake. Flip the pancake over when you see bubbles forming on the surface.
- Serve warm or freeze the pancakes once they are cooled and you can store them up to 1 month.
2. Tropical energy balls
- 1 cup of oats
- 1 cup of fresh pineapple chunks
- 1/4 cup of linseed meal
- 1/4 cup dried apricort
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1 tsp of grated ginger
- 1/2 cup of desiccated coconut
- Put all the ingredients except desiccated coconut into a food processor till it all combines together.
- Roll them into small balls and roll on desiccated coconut
- Store it in the fridge for 2 days or you can freeze them for up to 1 month.